Today I Announce the End of my Ski Jumping Career - Eric Mitchell


Dear Friends,

The time has come for me to bring my ski jumping career to an end. The decision to retire was not one that I took lightly, but for me the time was right.

I am so thankful for all the support I got from the global ski jumping community. I cannot begin to name all the teammates, athletes, coaches and officials who had no problem helping me out when I was in a bind. It really is an amazing group and I will miss it.

Looking back it was such an honor to represent Canada internationally and I am so proud to have done so for the last five years. Sport is a powerful phenomenon it sharpened my focus and gave me a goal, a real outlet to work very hard. I never would have dreamed that I could focus so many hours, days, weeks, months, and years on a small movement that lasts a split second. But that is sport. 

The experiences that ski jumping has given me are ones that very few people could imagine. For the last five years I have chased my dreams around the globe; meeting many friends, training and competing with the best in the world, and really discovering who I am.

Moving on, the University of Calgary has accepted me as a full time student, so in a few days I will continue to work towards my Bachelor of Commerce Degree. I am more excited than ever to start my new endeavor.

I will be no stranger, and I cannot wait to cheer everyone on in Sochi!


Eric




1 comment

  1. If you can make high quality Jobs for adjuster, it will be possible to help attract more consumers and in some cases get more operate from a existing buyers.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.